Sunday, April 1, 2007

Happy April Fools!


Hi and Happy Spring.

The Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom in Washington, reminding us why we live here. There is no place more beautiful then DC the last week of March.

April 1st means tonight is the premiere of The Tudors! That is the cause of much excitement in our house.
April 1 also begins Day 1 of my much needed diet and exercise routine. Let's just say I have fallen a little behind on those new years resolutions and with bathing suit season around the corner I really need to get serious. So, out with the cheesecake and other related comfort foods, in with the saw dust and despair. At least until my jeans fit again (which is a long way off). It is important to note that this most recent weight gain can not in ANY WAY be blamed in the girls. It has been all about fatty foods, little exercise, and no will-power.

I have committed to completing the Nashville 1/2 Marathon at the end of the month and Baltimore 1/2 Marathon in October. I am also entertaining the idea of signing up for the Philadelphia Marathon in November. I will keep you posted. Any babysitting volunteers for the 2nd weekend in November?
I have a busy week ahead of my but promise to write on any diet progress (and of course whine about my failures). First, I need to figure out how to reach Erie Insurance and get my car fixed (I was rear ended last week). Then, I will sign up for a CPR class (decided a refresher was necessary after the paramedics were called Friday because Baby-Bee choked on a bead. All ended well though I will probably never be the same). Lastly, I need to read up on how to get my 3 1/2 year old to sleep. She refuses to go to sleep before 10:00 pm (we put her in bed at 8:00 pm), wonders into our room several times during the course of the night, and gets up by 6:30. It is a constant sourse of tension and we are all walking on egg shells due to sleep deprivation. Any advise? Oh, before you ask this started before the accident and paramedic visit, though they did not help the situation.

BTW: Please note that after an accident and chocking incident in one day, I am further convinced that the girls are safer in daycare .............

No comments: