Just a short note to wish my readers (I think that we are up to 6) a Happy Thanksgiving. Tom and I are very lucky and blessed to have such good and supportive Friends and Family in our lives.
I have many things to be thankful for this year;
Bean and Bee are strong, healthy, and smart. They are both growing up so quickly I feel like I am missing their childhoods, even though I am with them everyday. Over the past year they have become kind, funny, and articulate people. I like them.
Tom and I started dating 12 years ago today. Meeting him was a blessing. Marrying him was the smartest thing I ever did. He makes me laugh at least 5 days a week. That's really cool.
My parents are amazing and I get to see them every day. I have had several good friends for well over 25 years. My list could keep going ................. but I will spare the casual reader my sappy commentary. So, on a lite note ............
THE CAPS FINALLY FIRED HANLON. That makes me grateful. I just hope that they didn't throw this season by not doing it earlier. The associated press said that "Hanlon was told of the decision a day after loud boos and chants of "Fire Hanlon!" echoed through the arena." I am proud to have been one of those chanters. Bye Bye Bye.
With the 20 minutes that I have had to myself this week, I decided to spend a few of them scouring the Internet for things to be grateful for. Certainly there are MANY reasons for me to be grateful ................... and I will most likely find myself blogging them sometime this weekend. I was looking for something simple, a "lemons into lemonade" type of grateful.
LOOK NO FURTHER THEN THE REALITY TV BOARDS ...........................
I, am grateful for the Writers Guild of America strike!
Because, CBS is reportedly preparing to bring Big Brother back as early as February! No need to wait till after 4 July when Ground Hog Day will due!
There is NO WAY to put into words the way that the girls complete me or all of the ways that they have changed me for the better. Before I was a mom, I was only 1/2 a person. I didn't know it a the time, but now it is obvious. I am grateful hundreds of times a day for the joys that the Ms. Bean and Baby Bee bring to my life, far more to calculate for this essay challenge.
Today is November 8, 2007 (Happy Birthday Tom, I adore you!) and over he past 12 hours I have been grateful for my children because ................................
20) Because of the Joy on Ms. Beans face when her dad let her pick his "tie of the day".
19) Because of the way that Baby Bee smiles when she is admiring her big sister.
18) Because in their world, cardboard flavored Pizza for dinner is ALWAYS a good idea.
17) Because when Ms. Bean is arguing with me in the mornings over what she is going to wear, I secretly know it is because she wants to spend a few more minutes with her mom before daycare.
16) Because if the innocent way that they "mother" baby-puppy and stripey kitty.
15) Because they don't care about the "mommy wars", they love me because I am there Mom.
14) Because without them next to me, I would look funny reading "Amelia Bedila"
13) Because of the special "letters and cards" they made for us at Susie's house.
12) Because of the Joy they give to Susie and Papa (and vice versa, but that is a different essay topic)
11) Because without them, I never would have seen Dora Saves the Mermaid.
10) Because it is still amazing to hear "I love you mommy" and I get to hear it regularly.
9) Because Baby Bee makes me believe in Miracles
8) Because Tom has been happier during his past 4 birthdays then he was in the previous 38 combined.
7) Because all I need to do when I am going blind reading reports, is look at the picture of Bean and Bee on my desk and my whole day gets brighter
6) Because no one plays the guitar like Baby Bee
5) Because Ms. Bean still asks for "X marks the spot, very quietly with one finger"
4) Because our marriage is just better with the girls in our lives
3) Because my morning drive to work includes conversations around clouds, the sun, and Plants. It used to be just me and Howard Stern. This is healthier.
2) Because being a mom makes me a better person, and,
1) Because at no point have either of my children ever requested a Power Point Presentation
I received an e-mail from Trader Joe reminding me that I have been remiss on my blogging. Sorry, I guess that kids, work, Halloween, caps games (which have been horrendous) and life got in the way. No more excuses .................... onward!
1) The Caps - FIRE HANLON! It's time. This team is incapable of acting like a team for 60 minutes, despite the fact that that desire is there. They come out strong, and they look strong in the last 2-3 minutes of the game, but it ends there. They have talent and desire, but they lack leadership. The team has won 12 in 48 games. Butch Cassadys record was 8-16-1. Where is he now?
While I am on the topic of the Caps, I think we should all send our best wishes off to Peter Bonra as he leaves hockey to become the general manager of the Slovakian national team! It was a pleasure watching him play for the Caps for 14 years, and the team LITERALLY has not been the same without him, Peter, if you can, send some talent to our Nation's Capital!
2) Birthday Blues - Thanks for inquiring, I think that I am handling 40 with as much grace as possible. Being middle aged with pre-schoolers is not easy. In my next life, I think that I will have them a little earlier when I have more energy. However, besides the body of a teenager, at 40 I have everything that I want in life. 2 amazing little girls who make me laugh everyday, a career that is finally back on track, a supportive family, and good friends. I WON!
Hoped that this would be longer, but I need to go play "dress-up"