Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Pot of Gold


This morning I can say for the first time in a long time, that I am proud to be an American. History will tell us if electing Barack Obama to be the next President of the United States was the right move for our country, but I honestly believe in my heart, that it was necessary for the people of America.

We have been under a dark cloud for 8 LONG years, and yesterday we saw hope in the eyes of people across the world. More importantly, I saw hope in two bright blue eyes that I adore. I know better then to believe my 5-year-old understands the true significance of yesterdays outcome, but she recognized the world she knows got better in a single day. When you still believe in Fairy tales, the euphoria of a single day lasts a lifetime.

No comments: