Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bean and Bee are going to the moon!

My friend Lisa, who I love and don't see enough of, sent me this link. I am thrilled. NASA is inviting people of all ages to join the lunar exploration journey by sending their names to the moon aboard the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) spacecraft, which is scheduled for launch in late 2008. At the Send Your Name to the Moon website, participants can submit their information, print a certificate and have their name entered into a database. The database will be placed on a microchip that will be integrated onto the spacecraft. The deadline for submitting names is June 27, 2008, so get on board fast!

I will have to ask my friend Don if this is the ultimate space exploration outcome he envisioned all those years that he worked for NASA procurement. A PDF for Bean and Bee!

No comments: