Saturday, October 20, 2007

Walk for Autism Speaks


I really debated actually doing this event when I woke up this morning. We had our community Halloween Party last night, and the girls were up until after 10:00 pm. I raised all of my funds online, so I didn't need to drop off any donations. It was a 3.2 mile very SLOW walk, so there wasn't much of an exercise component. Staying in bed looked like a good option! However, I went, and it was worth it.


Ms. Bean, Papa and I took the metro downtown which was remarkably easy and the weather was wonderful. The only major disappointment of the day was the coordination of the WASHINGTON CAPITALS! There was none. We were supposed to walk with their wives and girlfriends who were no where to be found. The people at the Capitals booth had no clue what we were supposed to do or where we should go. I didn't see anyone who looked like they were a Capitals wife? And, the Capitals were supposed to be there, but Olie (who spoke from the stage) informed us that he was missing practice, which leads one to believe that the Caps were in Rosalyn and no where NEAR the mall. I don't know why I am surprised. Considering that the team seems incapable of coordination / good leadership , I have no reason to suspect that their spouses/girlfriends could pull it off.
Regardless, for Annie, Adam, and every other family that has been touched by Autism, it was a worthwhile cause and certainly worth getting out of bed for. Thanks to everyone who sponsored me this morning! D


No comments: