First of all - I am picking the #1 seed to beat the #16 seed across the board. I know that is cowardus, but I am a realist and as far as I know, a #1 has never lost in the first round.
Now, let us start in the East.
- MSU over Marquette because I love Jeff
- Arkansas over USC because they went all the way for me the first time I won the cup (and I like Armadillos)
- Texas over NMS. This was hard because I generally hate the State of Texas. But Neil from the 7th grade lives there and I think they'll win.
- GW over Vanderbilt. Yes, probably a throw away. 2 reasons. Both obvious.
- Certainly I would NEVER choose ORAL ROBERTS UNIVERSITY? Does anyone who isn't a religious-nut-job go there? Washington State.
- Boston over Texas Tech. Mass gave us Kerry, Kennedy, and Beans. Texas gave us W.
- GT over Belmont. Live in DC. Where is Belmont?
- Michigan State - I love Jeff, and I HATE North Carolina and their fans
- Texas over Arkansas - Yeah ............. sometimes a little realism in your decision making process is a good thing.
- Washington St over GW - Sorry Colonials
- Georgetown over Boston. Raised in New England, but my kids are from DC. Trump.
East Semifinals / Finals
- Texas over State - Sorry Daddy, but I still love you
- Georgetown over Washington
- Georgetown over Texas
In the SOUTH:
- Xavier over BYU. I'm sorry, but I just don't like BYU. I think you all know why.
- Tennessee over Long Beach. Carolyn lives in Tenn. Long Beach is too close to San Diego
- VA over Albany. Not an easy decision. VA will not make it much longer in my bracket
- Louisville over Stanford. I know someone who want to Stanford. She is a bitch (and insane)
- A&M over Penn. I never pulled for A&M, but Greg has had a shit month and he deserves something good.
- Creighton over Nevada
- Memphis over N. Texas. No clue here so I sent with the favorite and I (of course) hate Texas
- Ohio (Yuck)
- A&M (Greg)
South semifinals and Finals:
A&M over Ohio. This was not easy because I hate Texas and Ohio. However, Ohio is responsible for giving us W with their stupid swing state position and Greg gave me a job and rescued me from the Future Workforce section of my Agency.
In the Midwest:
- Arizona over Purdue
- Butler over ODU
- MD over Davidson
- Winthrop over Notre Dame (I generally like people from Penn State - this one's for them)
- Oregon over Miami Ohio - Mark lives in Portland and its beautiful. I hate Ohio.
- GA Tech over UNLV (What is that? Vegas?)
- Wisconsin (I like Cheese)
- Florida over Arizona - It's not like anyone from Florida is going to get a job! Basketball is all they have!
- MD over Butler - I like Lina
- Winthrop over Oregon
- Wisconsin over Georgia Tech.
Midwest Semifinals and finals:
Florida over Wisconsin - I like Cheese, but I like Gary more. Since when is Florida in the Midwest?
In the West:
- Kentucky over Villanova. I spent YEARS rooting for Kentucky. Why stop now?
- Illinois over VA Tech. I don't like someone from Tech SO MUCH that even though they are going to win, I feel better leaving them off my bracket.
- Southern Ill over Holy Cross
- VCU over Duke! I know a guy that went to Duke and he is a dick. This year I can justify my pick against them! Go Rams!
- Pitt over Wright State
- Zag over Indiana - Please don't throw a chair at me!
- UCLA over Weber State, because I love Bob.
Kansas, Southern Ill, Pitt, UCLA (1,2,3,4) I can hear Joey bitching now. Stuff it.
West semifinals and finals:
Kansas over UCLA
So that makes my final 4: Florida (Gary) Kansas (Tim Dunn) Texas A&M (Greg) and Georgetown.
I have Florida beating Georgetown in my final game. Why? Because I was a shrew the whole time I worked for the Future Force Office (not that they didn't deserve it) and GARY STILL LIKES ME!