Monday, May 19, 2008

Should I be Concerned?

Note home:

"Leah had a very good day. She told me that Ms. Susie is coming home in 2 days (a week and a half, but that's not what I am concerned about). She played in the sensory table for a few minutes, but I had to redirect her to another area because she was drinking water. After our activities today she found a chalk and I caught her eating the chalk. I'm concerned about this habit that Leah has. Hopefully she'll grow out of it."

Is this normal? Every day I get a note home, telling me that Leah spends her days putting everything that she isn't supposed to eat into her mouth. The same report tells me that she NEVER eats her lunch. Clearly, she plans to spend her life eating sand/dirt/mulch/worms/chalk, and drinking bath-water! Could she have a vitamin disorder or psychological problem that is manifesting itself in this odd culinary pallet? Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with their 3 year old? Please advise.

Diane

No comments: