Sunday, October 7, 2007

2 things to be REALLY excited about .....................


1) Although there was a LOT of competation for the spot, my father choose ME to be his date to last nights WASINGTON CAPITALS Season Opener!

What a great evening ..... The Washington Capitals raised their record to 2-0 for the first time since 2002 with victory over the Carolina Hurricanes and Ovechkin collected his 200th NHL point (which he deserved after loosing a tooth to the Thrashers the night before). It is important to note that the last time that the Caps had a 2-0 start was in 2002, which, is also the last time that they made the playoffs. I don't want to jinx things but what do you think?

I will say this .............. if they make it to 10-0 ............ I will march down to the Verizon Center and get myself one of those ugly red Jerseys that they were wearing last night, no questions asked.

And,

2) Starbucks is giving away free ITunes. Everyday between 2 October and 7 November they are giving away a new song from a featured artist. I plan to go everyday and get a free 50-cent song just for purchasing a $5 cup of coffee.
Yes, I am well aware of the fact that if I make my coffee at home and buy a song that I want for myself I will come out way ahead. BUT, I like the game, and, will have a "cooler and Hipper" Ipod on the metro in case anyone is looking over my shoulder to see what I am listening to.

How is your weekend going?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet if they get to 7-0 you will buy a red jersey.

Anonymous said...

Your Dad is such a proud man.